2014 SPRING MINI GAMING HOOPLA!
Friday, May 2 (12 pm - 2 am)
Saturday, May 3 (8 am - 2 am)
Sunday, May 4 (8am - 4 pm)
Doors open 15 minutes prior to event for general attendees, 30 minutes prior to even for VIGs.
As our attendance increases, so does the amount of work that is required of our volunteer staff members. In an effort to keep our staff sane - at least as sane as we are now - and assure that we are giving you the best experience we can, we've decided to make some changes. Initially we were talking about going to just have one Hoopla a year, but for many of our busy staff and attendees, the Hoopla events were a chance to get away from the hustle and bustle and just game for a whole two weekends a year. We didn't want to take that away from anyone (ourselves included!) so we've decided to make the Spring Hoopla a Mini event. What this means for you is still coming and hanging out, playing games with old friends and making new friends, and generally having lots of fun, all while raising money for the American Cancer Society. What this means for us is a whole lot less planning so we can use all that energy and time to make the full Hoopla in the fall the best event ever!
What our Mini Hoopla won't have:
- No Best Raffle Ever (which means more and better for fall!)
- No preplanned events or attendee registration (just come a pay at the door)
- No full kitchen
- No silent Auction (which we never had in the Spring anyway)
- No GenCon Games Library
- Lots of tables and space for open gaming!
- On-site binders to plan games once you're here and let people sign up!
- Door prizes!
- Vending type food like soda, chips, fruit, and, of course, Gamer Sized Deserts!
- Secure place for storing the games you bring to play!
- Longer hours!
As always, we thank you all for your support, and hope you will have as much fun at this Mini Gaming Hoopla as you do at our full event!
Johnstown Community Center
9937 East County Road A
Janesville, WI 53546
Minimum donation for entry:
Adult Weekend: $20
Adult Single Day: $10
Child Weekend: $15
Child Single Day: $7
All proceeds from the Gaming Hoopla are donated to the American Cancer Society through the Knutson Family Relay for Life Team.