The Silent Auction is a Fall ONLY Hoopla event.
The information below is for reference only, we will not be accepting submissions for the Silent Auction until after the Spring Hoopla is over.
Submitting items into the Silent Auction is so easy, even a non-gamer can do it! Read the following Guidelines and Instructions. Then if you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org using the Subject Line Auction Questions.
PLEASE NOTE that if you are not able to email your form(s) prior to Tuesday night (September 25th), you should print and bring them with you to the Hoopla instead. We will have blank forms on hand for those that need them. Thanks for your consideration.
IMPORTANT NOTE! - To use the form in Step 1 (below), you must have Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Acrobat Pro, or the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader (available for free download here).
Remember the following Auction guidelines:
- A "lot" is a single game or expansion, or a group of games and/or expansions; magazines; modules; miniatures; cards; etc.
- Please submit only games and gaming-related items; if you are unsure about an item, please email email@example.com with details before submitting the item
- Each seller may submit a maximum of 20 lots into the auction
- By submitting a lot for auction, you as the seller are affirming that you have inventoried the lot (provided that it is not still in shrink wrap), and that the description you provide is accurate.
- The starting bid for each lot shall be an increment of $1.00
- You have the option to include a “Buy-it-Now” price; this is a price at which the lot will automatically and immediately sell to any person who bids that amount
- Because our convention is a fundraiser, one-fourth (25%) of the final sale price of each lot will be automatically donated to the American Cancer Society by the seller. If needed, we can provide a seller with a receipt so this can be used as a tax deduction.
Follow these steps to get your items into the Auction:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a seller number; please use the subject line Seller Number Request. In the email body, please also include your name, most easily reached phone number, and mailing address. There is no cost to obtain a Seller Number. You will soon after receive a confirmation email which will include your seller number.
- Click or Right-click here and then click Save target as... to download and save the Auction Form to your desktop. If you will be submitting more than two items, simply download and save the form multiple times.
Save each PDF separately with the file name Seller_A_lots x-y.pdf; (A is your 3-digit seller number and x-y would be 1-2, then 3-4, then 5-6, etc.). Accept our apologies for the pickiness, but be assured it will help us log the auction lots more efficiently.
- Complete one form (half a page) for each "lot" (see above) you are selling. In the Lot # field, simply number your half-forms sequentially (1, 2, 3, etc.). The Seller Number field will be your assigned seller number. Minimum Bid needs to be an increment of $1. Include a BUY-IT-NOW price if you wish (also in an increment of $1).
- Email email@example.com again with your item PDF(s) attached. PLEASE use Auction Submissions as the Subject Line of the email. Note - we prefer this method, as it allows us time ahead of the Hoopla to log items into our database. For this method of item submission, we will also send a confirmation email.
4.5: Alternately you may print your own forms, fill them out and bring them with your item(s) to the Hoopla.
- Show up at the Hoopla with your item(s), tell the Auctioneer your Seller Number and leave your items (and forms, if applicable) with the Auction volunteers. That’s it!